Sunday 16 August 2009

Paint and more paint..........

The weekend has been dominated by paint.........its school holidays and so I thought it would be nice to give the equipment a 'quick paint' to make it all clean and fresh. However, the 'quick paint' lasted about 9 hours altogether. I was painting knobless cylinders, red rods and number rods for those of you who know Montessori equipement. It was fun but it was messy - spray paint when the wind blows towards you suddenly is not a joke - before I knew it I was a lovely shade of pink and then blue........so I look as though I have a slightly tinted sun tan today! However, it has all been worth it, as the equipment is looking good.

My new house is also beginning to look good - at least it feels like home now. I have managed to get most of the rooms painted, and one room is a store for school as we don't have enough space there. If and when I figure out how to put a photo on this blog you may be able to see it.

I am still busy travelling around the north, but for the next week I am in Mzuzu. At the weekend we go to Ngana on the Tanzanian border for a workshop with the caregivers from that church. These workshops are really helping the caregivers to understand what their role is in looking after young children. It always amazes me that I take for granted so many issues relating to childcare which are just not known here. The support we are receiving from the congregations we visit is so encouraging, and I know that the young children of Malawi will really benefit from what is happening, especially in the rural areas.

Today we have no electricity or water (which is normal on a Sunday). Because of this, I will sign off now as the battery on my laptop is running low.

Wishing you all a great day what ever you are doing.

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment