Sunday 25 July 2010

workshops and laughter

Hello all
Its Sunday morning and while my friends are at Church, I am sitting home writing this because I can't speak at all - I have completely lost my voice and have a very sore throat and chest! Some might say that is a good thing, but it is very frustrating when I have a PCI team here together with my team of trainers from CCAP. As I write they are probably singing their hearts out in Church!!
We have had a good week. We began on Monday and Tuesday by taking the PCI team out to some of our nursery schools to give them an idea of what is happening in our centres. There was some surprise at the lack of equipment, and probably a lot of other emotions going through peoples minds, but we had a great time playing and interacting with the children as you can see from the photographs.
A rural centre in Ekwendeni where we found very much a teacher centred approach to learning.
Jennifer was showing the children pictures of themselves - they were so excited!!
Sharon having fun in a centre in Mzuzu.


Group activity...


Joan enjoying herself playing ball with this child...


Singing lots of songs..




Then from Wednesday to Friday, we had workshops with the PCI team leading us through sessions from Health and Nutrition to Creative movement. A good time was had by all and I think that ECD in Malawi will really benefit from this time together.

busy during the workshop...


Ruth and Alison telling a story with a puppet - really enjoyed by all...


Making jigsaw puzzles in the workshop...


On Saturday night, we had a dinner together to celebrate the good week that was had by all...it was a wonderful evening full of both joy and sadness, and for me it was difficult as I couldn't speak!! (For those of you who know me well, you will understand that!!)


Receiving the gifts of chitenji from the TOT's



Doesn't Raymond look good.... his new look!!


As we travel on the minibus, its singing all the way!!


Here you can see how the PCI group enjoy travelling in the back of my car!!

Tomorrow we will be going out to various centres again to involve the children and caregivers in some of the activities that we have learnt during the week. The PCI team will leave Mzuzu on Wedesday for some rest and relaxation before they begin their journey home.
Wishing you a blessed and happy week,

Diane

3 comments:

  1. Hi Diane
    Lost your voice! This must be a first.
    Hope you get better soon.
    Love from Ian Alison Adam & Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane
    Hope you get your voice back soon and start to feel better.
    Take care
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Di

    I hope you have found your voice again, though for some it may be a blessing........

    Have a great week. Love from Moxx

    ReplyDelete