Sunday 15 August 2010

some snippets....

Hello everyone
I hope this finds you all well. I am feeling more rested today after an eventful and busy couple of months. I went to church this morning, had friends for coffee, and then sat in the sun and read a book all afternoon which was lovely! Mind you, while I was in the garden, I spotted this amazing spider...........
and it had made a beautiful large web................
During the week while I was in Lilongwe I was called to see a container from PCI being unloaded in Lilongwe. Usually, they come to Mzuzu but because of the unusual contents, this one had to be unloaded in Lilongwe!! Here you can see some of the boxes which were taken out.

and here is Smile, who organises the containers which arrive in Malawi - he is busy directing operations...........


loading the boxes onto the lorry to head for the north................



and the reason the container was unloaded in Lilongwe...........because there were two vehicles on it, one of which is coming to my department in Mzuzu! Here you can see the vehicle which will be for Early Childhood Development......its so exciting...........


the back wheel has not been put on yet - it was taken off so that it could fit in the container and is currently inside the vehicle!


and the other vehicle was an ambulance which is heading to the Mission hospital in Livingstonia.



so...... a great trip to Lilongwe (where I also managed to have my hair cut - no photos of that!). The ambulance has arrived in Mzuzu, the other vehicle is still in the hands of customs but we hope to have it here soon!!

Throughout this blog, I have been referring to Nicolas, one of my trainers here in Mzuzu. He is currently studying for a Diploma in Early Childhood by distance learning through Montessori in London. At the end of July, he left for London where he sat for his practical exams yesterday. Here are a couple of photos of him in London. I am really proud of him as he is working so hard and I hope he does well in his exams.


The weather in London looks better than in Mzuzu!!


Wishing you all a blessed week,

Diane

5 comments:

  1. Thanks, Diane, for this latest blog with, as ever, a great set of accompanying photos. Seeing the pictures of the vehicles reminds Ann and me of a very special, not to be forgotten, night in Armagh. Need we say more! It's great to know that you will soon have the use of a new vehicle. We're sure it will be well used.

    Your blog is just great - thanks for the regular updates.

    God bless, with our love Nigel & Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so amazing and fantastic to recieve such a beautiful vehicle in our department. May God bless those who suppoted us. AM so so so so grateful. Viva ECD!.

    Tremendous job Diane!
    Nicolas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Di

    Great to hear that you are getting a new vehicle - enjoy! Molly and I want to some and see it, but as I have had a request for the next holiday to be a relaxing one perhaps not this year. Good to hear that you had some 'me' time too. Have a good week.

    Mox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diane
    Well the new car has arrived!! Well hopefully in Mzuzu by now. You won't know yourself.
    The'team'are looking forward to meeting up again with Nicolas on Monday. We plan to go out for tea together.
    Glad to hear that you had a bit of 'me' time last weekend.
    Blessings
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Diane - so pleased that you have a new vehicle - safe journeys. Going tonight to see Mabel Campbell - she is going to be with you in the next few days. Love the blog and keeping up with your busy life. God bless

    Love from Joyce x

    ReplyDelete