Monday 13 June 2011

Frustrations and yet......joy...

Hello everyone

I didn't get around to writing yesterday because I didn't have a lot of news until I found some this morning........... you have to keep reading to see what happened!!

School is going on as usual and here you see one of our teachers reading a story to the toddlers - the toddlers are a very active and vocal class and really enjoy school!!


During the week I had to go to Lilongwe to have the car serviced. The service was duly done and then we couldn't find any fuel to get back to Mzuzu. There is a fuel crisis here and diesel only comes to Mzuzu every few days and is gone within a few hours. Lilongwe is worse however as there are many more cars and little diesel. So we had to stay an extra day in order to find fuel!! I have to go to a meeting in Lilongwe tomorrow so am hoping that the situation has eased as I really don't want to spend a long time there!!


This week we were blessed with more visitors. Brian and Jean Gibson were here and Jean is finding information for a new book, so here you can see her with the local district social welfare officer and a lovely young lady who she was interviewing from a child headed household. Her story is sad but yet uplifting as she relates how, without God in her life she would not be here today. I can't say more......you will have to read the book when it is published!!



And once again the wonders of creation. Matt's little pet has at last decided to appear. Yesterday when I looked at it, it had changed slightly in colour...........

This morning it was an amazing brown colour, and this small lizard was investigating to see what was happening............




and when I came home at lunchtime, this is what I found.........a beautiful butterfly..........


Matt has gone away for a few days and when he returns, this is all he will find left!!!


Life goes on as usual. Many people have coughs and colds as the colder weather is coming in. Today I am also sneezing so hope that it goes away soon.

Wishing you all a week full of surprises,

Blessings,
Diane

1 comment:

  1. Hi Di

    Hope you managed to get some fuel. I never cease to be amazed by the beauty of our surroundings. Even the many snails who seem to love my garden have their own beauty!
    Have a good week.

    Love from Mox

    ReplyDelete