Saturday 9 June 2012

A wee trip to Ireland


Hello everyone

The photo above is a beautiful sunset, it looks just like lake Malawi but it is in fact in Portstewart last week!  I was in Ireland for 3 weeks to have a break and sort out some issues and I got fabulous weather most of the time!  I met some people who were shocked to see me but I did not tell anyone apart from my family and a few close friends that I was going to Ireland as I needed some time out.  

While I was there I attended an Early Years conference which was not really that inspiring - I thought this was interesting - nursery teachers are being encouraged to use locally available materials...........maybe they should come on a field trip to Malawi!!



It was great to be in Belfast together with Rev Nyondo the General Secretary of Livingstonia Synod who had come to attend the General Assembly.  We travelled back together to Mzuzu and arrived on Tuesday evening, meeting some interesting travellers on the way!!






Because the weather was so good I did a lot of walking and spotted some wildlife along the way......





and wildflowers too........






and on one occasion walking with a friend we took a barbeque with us - I loved the flame on this picture!!  The food was good too I must admit and some fellow walkers wanted to join us.........






Of course it was great to spend some time with the family and on the day before I left was at the home farm - weather was great, countryside was looking wonderful - I loved the field full of buttercups....






and the sheep with the lambs enjoying the weather...





So I am back in Mzuzu, we still have fuel shortages but nothing like it was before I left.  Sugar is back on the shelves but now we have no margarine!!  I got a warm welcome and am looking forward to getting back to work on Monday.


Wishing you a good week,


Blessings
Diane

1 comment:

  1. hi diane, hope you were able to relax at home, i am still reading the blog even though i don't comment every time. Hope you are well

    Lyndsey

    ReplyDelete