Monday 27 August 2012

Memories.........

Hello everyone,

Usually I update the blog on a Sunday but yesterday I was so exhausted I could not even type!  Its been a hectic couple of weeks and I was glad of the day of rest!  I have been supervising training of ECD for the World Bank pilot project.  The training was in Mzuzu thankfully but it kept me busy.  Here you can see some of the participants dancing and singing as they learn - they were a very active group.



It is exciting to work with the Regional trainers in ECD who we trained last year, and all of whom work in social work.  We had a team of 9 in Mzuzu and they did a great job - I was really proud of them!  Here are a few of them in action!


the team leader - Lickson

Wilson

Frank

Patricia

Sopani and Mcdonald

Joyce
 While it was great to see the trainers in action, it was also great to have a lot of small children who came with the participants.  We learnt as much from them as we did from the facilitators.  Unfortunately one or two of them were not so happy to see the big 'mzungu' (european), and screamed each time I went near them!!

This child is busy investigating the dry leaves
and is fascinated by the sound they make!

As usual, I did some entertaining during the week - Evans, Lumbani and Fidelis came for dessert after we had gone out for pizza!! 



I had a wonderful experience on Friday as I met Rev Arnold Saka who had been a student at Zomba many years ago.  It was a joy to meet him again in his manse in Lilongwe and share some stories past and present.

Rev Saka on the right with a student minister from Zomba 
who is doing practicals with him

The Saka children - it makes me feel so old when I see the oldest girl 
who was in the nursery school at Zomba when I was there!!  
Can't remember her name.........possibly old age creeping in........

Rev Saka and myself!!


So it was a busy week but great fun at the same time.  On Saturday after I returned from Lilongwe, I suddenly got a pain in my right shoulder and have not slept a lot since.  I had the same problem during the year I spent in South Africa and had to have it strapped up, but hopefully it will be okay in a couple of days!!  I think its just exhaustion so today I took it a bit easier and just visited another training that three of our trainers are doing in Enukweni.

The group of caregivers with the three trainers
at the back, Freeman, Enala and Frank


Wishing you all a good week,

Blessings,

Diane x

1 comment:

  1. Hey Diane, keep your the good work and blogs!! Hope your shoulder gets better soon.
    God bless
    Caroline x

    ReplyDelete