Thursday 24 December 2009

Blessings

Hi everyone
Blessings...........there have been so many blessings throughout this year - I thought I should share some with you. Today as I was attempting to write this we had blessings of rain - we have had two torrential downpours today. I had to stop due to the lightning so this is the third attempt - lets hope I will be successful this time. Actually the lights have just gone out........on again now!! Spare a thought for the people of Karonga who are without shelter and clean water and with these downpours it must be pretty miserable.

This time last year I was with my good friends Nicky and Barry in South Africa. Nicky did Montessori training with me - we had such a laugh! Have a great Christmas in SA! Lol.
I was blessed to have two trips to Northern Ireland this year - the first one for 4 months for deputation and then for 6 weeks study leave. Here you can see my good friends Maureen and Margaret - both ex Malawi people who keep me on the right track..........or otherwise!!

When I was back in September the leaves were beautiful.


It was great to be at my nephews baptism - what a great family -
miss you all - have a fabulous Christmas!


And how wonderful to be able to attend my good friend Henry's wedding to Sarah -
here is the relaxed groom with Ros before the ceremony.

and the happy couple..blessings to you both
Fiona is coming to join me in January...a Scottish lass..should be fun...
looking forward to working with her

Carson and Diane and myself...........we know where we were!!!



Off to Scotland to see my favourite niece there - of course she is the only one........lots of love Molly D.....

Yes, this is Scotland........what a blessing! Such an amazing place on a good day.
And then off to Israel..... these crazy people know what they were doing and why! No prizes for guessing......

Do I know him?? Do you know him???

and back to my home in Malawi where the children are my main focus



and training caregivers in the rural areas



and ..........oops something I didn't tell you............



just joking, its one of the teachers children!

The times stuck in the mud were not such a blessing but will never be forgotten



and visitors like Jonathan and Wesley worked so hard and gave me such a laugh



Here is Florida who some of you will know as she has been in Ireland a few times.



the containers keep coming..................



Bible study on Wednesday nights - David, Maggie, Bethan, Rachel,
Jacob, Pemphero and Michael - we all miss you

What could be nicer than watching the sun.........fabulous...



and of course the PW ladies..........



to one and all I wish you a blessed Christmas and New Year where ever you are in the world.



To all friends and family and those who I don't know..thanks for your support, for reading the blog, for the Christmas cards and messages I have received. You are all blessings to me! Have a wonderful Christmas as we remember the reason for the season!




With much love to you all

Diane x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Auntie Di
    A very happy Christmas from your favourite neice in Scotland, the one and only Molly D.xx

    PS, Don't eat too much cake..... :)

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete