Friday 24 September 2010

time to reflect...

Hello everyone
Hope this find you all well. As I said on my last posting, I had two weeks leave which unfortunately is over now and I have to go back to work on Monday. I was really tired and needed some time for rest and relaxation and reflection as Sandra below told me!!
Although I was on leave, because of the fuel situation I was not able to travel as much as I had hoped to. The fuel situation is still not good and we have to queue to get fuel when the tankers come. However, my good friend Margaret came for a visit and we headed off to the lake and down south which was fun. As I was off, it gave me time to clear my thoughts after a long and busy few months.
I thought of how blessed I am to be in this country and to have the privilege of working with great colleagues and children such as these...
and of the blessing it is when we receive teams from overseas to assist in the work that we try to do here.... the Ballycarry team were a real blessing to many...don't ask what is going on here!!

These few pictures tell a story which only they can unfold!











and the PCI teachers team were another blessing during July too. The trainers learnt a great deal from them and I know that the team also gained a lot from our trainers. Here you can see them in action...





Of course, while having teams is a blessing, it also creates a certain amount of extra work for those of us here on the ground in preparation for them coming - something which I think people do not often consider. Thankfully I enjoy entertaining visitors and organising things so for me it is a worthwhile experience, especially when visitors are culturally aware. So thanks teams of 2010 for your efforts which were appreciated by everyone! (and thanks for the treats which you brought too!!!)

I am very thankful for the beautiful sunrises and sunsets which we have here in Malawi. Even tonight there was a fabulous sunset but I did not have my camera out in time. The sun rises and sets quickly here as we are not too far from the equator.

During this week, I had time to reflect on the drama which we had during the arrest of Rev. Nyondo our General Secretary......



and the celebration we had when he was released on bail............

Spending time with nature helps me to relax and ponder over many things.........as long as I don't get too close to any of these beautiful creatures! Its awesome to watch these animals in their natural environment.



In the Bible we are told there is a time for everything; a time to rest, a time to laugh, a time to cry, a time for reflection and unfortunately a time to go back to work, so on Monday morning here I come, and hopefully will have more exciting things to tell you next time!! Thank you for your messages and prayers - keep them coming!


Wishing you a great weekend and a very happy birthday to Lorna,
with love and blessings from a very reflective
Diane x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Diane

    Lovely blog! Hope God continues to bless/guide you in all you do in his name in Malwai!

    Love and blessing
    Carolne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This wonderful! Keep up the good work. We want some more!!!!!

    ReplyDelete