Sunday 1 May 2011

Dust, mould and frogs!!!

Hello everyone

Its been a long time since my last posting and I have had a busy time in Ireland. It was good to be with friends and family but I missed Malawi very much and its great to be back. I was very tired on leaving Ireland and the flight was good although not much sleep. By the time I reached Mzuzu I was shattered. However, just last Thursday a container had arrived from PCI and the contents were stored in a hall, so the following day I had to go and get all the boxes for Early Childhood - there were many! Thanks to those who contributed. Now I have the job of distributing all the contents!!


And how do I know I am back in Malawi - well, the visitors have begun already! I had one the first couple of nights and now I will have two people stay for some time........

The house was very dusty as some rooms had not been opened in four months. I was delighted not to find any unwanted animals apart from cockroaches! Some things were a bit mouldy as I had been away during the rainy hot season when it gets quite humid at times. I did find this poor wee frog on the door handle of one of the rooms but he looked quite sweet!!"
Not a lot to report this week - am extremely tired and have an assignment due on Friday so hope that I manage to get it done on time. Will write more next week when things calm down a bit (in my dreams).

Thanks to everyone for their kindness, for giving me lots of cups of coffee and buns and food galore - so much in fact that when I went to put on a skirt it would not close! The diet has gone back to more basic food already.

Till next time..........have a wonderful week and hope the Royal wedding was enjoyed by all - I saw photos and it looked very nice!

Blessings
Diane

4 comments:

  1. What a cute wee frog. Good to have you blogging again. I am looking forward to the next chapter..... Good luck with your assignment.
    Mox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane, Glad to hear that you have arrived safely back in Muzuzu :-))). Hope you got the time to get your assignment done!!!! Keep up your great work. OOh and I love the wee frog it looks so cute.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diane,
    Glad you got back ok, it was great to see you when you were back! Good luck with the assignment, I've two to do for next week and I think that's bad, I wouldn't like to be you sorting containers, working and writing!!!
    Love Lyndsey
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. How interesting to read your blog after meeting you in Portrush. Looking forward to adding to your visitors' list in June! The Quinns are happy to have us too, so you can sort it out between you - we're just happy to have a bed somewhere! Hope you have some interesting stories lined up for me... God bless Jean

    ReplyDelete