Monday 10 February 2014

Back to Malawi........

Hello again after a long break!!  I have been in Ireland on home assignment speaking in many churches and PW meetings.  I did enjoy it most of the time although I have come back a bit bigger than I left - which is why people are saying - 'you are so fat, and so white'...........just to make me feel good!!

This is Northern Ireland from the air - I left on a beautiful sunny day and had a great flight to London.


Of course it was difficult to leave the family - I think the longer you are away, the more difficult it becomes each time.  We had some special times together which was great as its not often the whole family see each other in one country!!  Missing you all!!



Landed in Nairobi early morning and it was bright and warm........just about 20 degrees warmer than Belfast!!


Kenya is really dry looking down...........



which was a great contrast to Malawi - its the rainy season and it was quite similar to the picture I took leaving Ireland - green and lush!!




 Its great to be back in Africa - I really did not settle very well in Belfast this time for some reason!  I love the vibrant colour we get here in contrast to the grey days!!







Arrived at my house and it was nice and clean which was great.  Thought I would have myself a glass of orange juice and although this is a really bad photo this is the water straight out of the tap, complete with ants!!  This is why we need to filter and boil here, haha!!  So I ended up going to buy a bottle of water!!!


Of course being the rainy season, its bug time and usually the bugs are similar to what you find in UK but a tad larger.  My fence is covered with these lovely snails! (that is the part of the fence that is still standing!!)


Malawians are very hospitable people and I was warmly welcomed to cheering coming through the main gate as people saw me arrive.  Then the school kids almost knocked me over as they rushed to welcome me!  At the weekend, the kids came to play in the garden as usual - we had running races, a class with a very capable teacher in front and ended up with a choir - all good fun!



So, its great to be back.  Thank you for all your love and care while I was in Ireland - for those who fed me (too much), who let me stay in their homes, who transported me and who gave me a wonderful birthday!!  I really appreciate your prayers too!  Today, I was back in the office and there is much to do - I was trying to sort out the accounts and Nicolas helped me to make a workplan for the next few weeks..........its going to be busy...so, watch this space.........

Take care and have a great week.

Blessings,
Diane

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Diane. I couldn't agree more about the effect of long grey days and today we have snow in NI !! All the best for your catch-up weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you arrived safe, lovely pictures
    xo
    third time to write this, hopefully i haven't posted it 3 times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer - just updated the blog again!! And its just posted once!!

      Delete