Monday 19 March 2012

school...

Hello everyone from a dark afternoon in Mzuzu.  Its been really hot recently and humid and so we have amazing thunderplumps complete with lightning of course.  The past few days every afternoon we tend to have rain.  I am hoping the rains will soon be over as the  way out of my house is a mud bath!

I paid another visit to the school site this week and its looking good!!







I have been in the office most of the week as I had a lot of paperwork to do and reports to write. I took some time out in the playground and spent a whole morning in class on Friday which was great for me - not sure that the teachers enjoyed it so much though as I kept pointing out little things!!

I know that sometimes we get gifts from people of knitted dolls and here you can see one being put to good use!  This little boy was talking to the doll for a long time!!



Early morning as children arrived they were playing games outside.........


and later in the day in the playground I was asked if I would like to buy an icecream!!!




Coming home, right in front of my house this lovely bird (village indigobird) was having a bath and was not at all disturbed by me passing by!!


In the country tension was high this week as there was an important meeting in Blantyre about the state of the nation.  It resulted in a message to the President that he should either resign within 60 days or call for a referendum. There has been no reaction as yet!

Fuel is still in short supply and today I bought sugar at K330 - every day sugar and other commodities goes up, probably tomorrow it will be K350!  Rains have been sporadic and so some places have a good yield and other places the maize has dried up.  So perhaps 2012 will not  be such a good year for many people here!

Wishing you all a good week,


Diane

1 comment: