Sunday 11 March 2012

planting seeds...

Hello everyone, just a quick post today.  

I went to see our new school on Friday and thanks to Ignite, the team who came in January, the building is complete - its been painted inside and outside.  I took my camera but in the discussions with the watchman I forgot to take pictures inside, so next time............  



one of the outside doors


On Friday when I was in my office and all the children were outside playing, this child came and said that she wanted to read a book (the books are all in a bookcase in my office, due to space).  She sat for about two hours looking at books and talking to herself and occasionally coming to show me something.  I get very excited when I see early learning in action!!



 This morning I went to church where we had a really uplifting service.  Then I came home and had a walk around the garden as I have been away for a few weeks.  Its great to see so many thing ready!


rhubarb

granadilla (passion fruit)

pumpkin

guava

guava on the tree!

lettuce

strawberries (not yet ready)

carrots


and green pepper

I was thinking I should set up a stall in the market!!!

Only a couple of minutes later a downpour came on - this was looking out my back door - it was just a river!



I like this next photo - its the rain falling from the roof with the pine trees behind!



and to finish for today I leave you with this lovely picture - while I was in the garden I was thinking about my job as Early Childhood Co-ordinator and thinking how we are also planing seeds as we allow our children to develop in the proper manner!


Wishing you all a good week,


Blessings,
Diane

2 comments:

  1. hey Diane, love all your photos but I think the one of the little girl reading just looks to amazing.
    Have a good week and God bless,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great to see the school as a building and not just as a site when we were there. It has been quite a journey so far!

    Mox

    ReplyDelete